You are here: Services > Emergency Services > Muskoka 911
When 911 is dialed in an emergency, you will be asked which agency you require:
It is important that the caller tell the dispatcher:
- Your Name;
- Telephone number you are calling from;
- Your civic address;
- Any location information that might help the responding agency to find you.
DO NOT HANG UP UNLESS YOU ARE IN DANGER!
When you call 911:
- Stay calm and describe your emergency;
- Speak clearly and answer all questions;
- Give your name and civic address (blue sign);
- If you call from a cell phone, give the address closest to your location (blue sign);
- Do NOT hang up until told to do so.
Call 911 when you need help if:
- Someone is hurt;
- You see a fire or witness a crime,
- You see someone suspicious hanging around your house or neighbourhood.
The one number to call for emergency help is 911.
- You can call from any type of phone!
- Pay phones are free!
- 911 is there whenever you need it!
If you need non-life threatening assistance, but do not know who to call,
Dial 2-1-1. A live person will be able to assist you. It's a free call.