Publicly funded schools in Muskoka are operated by three separate school boards.
Trillium Lakelands District School Board (TLDSB)
- TLDSB encompasses the municipalities of the City of Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton County, and The District Municipality of Muskoka.
- The Board is responsible for seven secondary schools, 41 elementary schools and seven adult education training centres spread across the region in both rural and urban locations.
Simcoe Muskoka Catholic District School Board (SMCDSB)
- The SMCDSB covers Simcoe County and The District Municipality of Muskoka, with both elementary and secondary Catholic schools in Bracebridge and Huntsville.
Near North District School Board (NNDSB)
- The NNDSB includes all of Parry Sound District, plus a northerly portion of The District Municipality of Muskoka (MacTier) and the western portion of Nipissing District. It includes the communities of North Bay, Parry Sound, Mattawa and Burk's Falls.
- The Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD) offers on-line tools to learn more about Ontario's 20 public universities, 24 colleges or 400+ registered private career colleges.