Do you have home repairs that need to be done, but you don't have enough money to do them?
Muskoka Ontario Renovates is a program for low and modest income households that provides funding for necessary:
- Home repairs
- Home accessibility modifications for persons with disabilities
- The purchase and installation of energy-saving products
Funding is limited, and will be available based on eligibility requirements and receipt of complete and eligible applications. There are 12 Ontario Renovates loans available for 2017, at a maximum of $12,200 each.
The 2017 Muskoka Ontario Renovates program opens on Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. Application packages will be available online or in hard copy, at all Community offices.
Completed applications must be dropped off at one of our 4 Community office locations. Please note that applications are time and date stamped and must be initialed by the applicant and the District employee accepting the application, at the time of submission.
PROGRAM OPENS: Monday, March 20, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
PROGRAM CLOSES: Friday, April 7, 2017 at 4 p.m.
- Property value may not exceed the House Value Threshold, set at $295,000 for 2017/2018
- Total household income must be at or below the Homeowner Income Threshold, set at $79,700 for 2017/2018
- Total household asset level must be less than $20,000 which includes, savings, GIC's, and other financial assets (not including RRSP's or RESP's) and land or other properties, but does not include items such as vehicles
- The home must be at least five years old
- The home cannot have been purchased with a Homeownership down payment assistance loan
- Ontario Renovates projects must meet eligible repair project parameters
- You MUST submit copies of ALL required documents for ALL applicants on the Ontario Renovates application and registered on the mortgage
- If the application is missing a copy of any required documentation, the application will be deemed incomplete and will not be processed
- All persons registered on title to the property must sign the application form.
- Where there is one registered owner and the spouse of this owner has a matrimonial interest in the property, both the owner and the spouse must sign the application form
- Photo ID for all persons who have signed the application
- Proof of current year gross income for all household members 18 years +
- Copies of most recent Revenue Canada Notice of Assessment form for all applicants
- Proof of total household assets - most recent monthly statements of ALL: Bank accounts, GIC's, RRSP's, etc.
- Photocopy of most recent Municipal Property Tax Assessment (MPAC Assessment) MPAC assessment for other land or other properties owned, etc.
- Proof of mortgage in good standing - letter/statement from Mortgagor(s)
- Proof of property taxes in good standing (letter/statement from Town or Municipality)
- Copy of current Home Insurance Certificate
- Accessibility Projects Only: Completed Accessibility Project Form
- Serial or registration number (for mobile homes only)
|Terms & Conditions
- The program will fund up to 100% of the cost of qualifying repairs, replacements and related costs to a maximum of $12,200 per owner-occupied home, in the form of a forgivable loan based on the cost of the approved work items
- The loan forgiveness period for the home repair loan is 10 years
Loans are forgiven at an equal rate annually, for each of the 10 years
- Applicants will be required to sign a loan agreement with the District Municipality of Muskoka, and the home repair loan will be secured through a mortgage that will be registered on title
- Once an applicant(s) is in receipt of a conditional letter of acceptance for the Ontario Renovates program, and until the project is complete and the forgivable loan is registered on title, applicant(s) may not change any terms of their mortgage, including refinancing
The District must be named as an additional insured party on the applicant's home insurance policy
- Ontario Renovates Accessibility Grants are available in funding amounts of up to $5000.00 (non-repayable) for accessibility modifications
- A healthcare professional must provide confirmation of the disability and outline the recommended modifications to enable greater independent living
- Accessibility Modification Grants may be combined with Home Repair loans at the discretion of the District
- For more information regarding the Ontario Renovates Accessibilities Grant please refer to the Ontario Renovates Program Guidelines
|Application & Guidelines
Ontario Renovates Application:
- Application Form - for Home Repair & Accessibility Projects (Will be available March 20, 2017 at 10 a.m.)
- Accessibility form (required for accessibility applications only)
Ontario Renovates Guidelines: