Muskoka is a large region, making it a challenge for some residents to travel without a personal vehicle for transportation. The following transportation services are available.
The District operates two public bus systems running throughout Muskoka.
Corridor 11 Bus
- The Corridor 11 Bus runs between Huntsville and Barrie, making stops in Bracebridge, Gravenhurst, Washago, and Orillia. This bus system does not run on weekends or holidays.
|Other Community Transportation Services
- The Canadian Red Cross provides transportation service for those in need, such as elderly or disabled in the community, who are unable to use public transportation or private means.
- Muskoka Seniors is a volunteer group that provides transportation services for seniors including rides to medical appointments (local or long-distance locations) and to various activities. Advance notice is required. Fees based on distance travelled.
- The Huntsville Public Transit system runs local bus service in the town. They run two scheduled routes and will also pick-up and drop off of wheelchair clients. View Routes and Fees. Specialized Transit is also available with 24-hours' notice - Monday to Friday. Please call (705) 788-8118 to arrange location pick-up and time
- North Simcoe Muskoka Community Care Access Centre (CCAC) connects people with the care in the community. CCAC community services include meal delivery and dining programs; homemaking and home help; transportation services; community dining; and friendly visits.
- Hammond Transportation offers local and rural transportation options.